Hosch - Reducing Carryback for a Leading Cement Plant
BC 5G, a 1400 mm BW conveyor is also the first conveyor after mines and crusher,
which carries limestone for stacking and reclaiming process.
- Accretion of material leading to unhealthy and unsafe work environment
- Daily engagement of cleaning manpower
- Monthly replacement of return rollers
The 1.7 m/s belt conveyor carrying 600 TPH dry limestone with belt-cut piece used
as belt cleaner generated 1 ton of carryback spillage per day.
Polyurethane based B9S, as pre-scraper and under the belt metallic blade B6C as
main scraper was suggested to solve the aforementioned complaints.
- Reduction of daily spillage from 1 ton/day to 30 kg/day.
- Minimization of manpower engagement from 50 man-days to 4 man-days in a month.
- Elimination of premature failure of 6 return idlers in a year for a 20 m CC length conveyor.
- Customer achieved savings of 0.36 mn INR in a year.