One of the largest steel plants in India
1600 mm BW conveyor belt handling iron ore
Problems at a Glance:
The conveyor was handling 200 TPH of iron ore. The loading was not uniform and there were
frequent surges which resulted into the following operational issues:
- Spillage at loading station
- Severe vibration in the conveyor structure due to impact load
- Compromised belt life
- Exaggerated manpower engagement for maintenance and cleaning
Tega replaced the impact rollers with Friflo Impact bed system, the design of which was
customized considering site data.
- Effective reduction in material spillage at the conveyor loading site.
- Since Impact bed was used, the need for replacing the 6 damaged idler sets per month was eliminated.
- Drastic reduction in manpower engagement from 25 man-days to 0.5 man-days per month.
- Minimization of 25 unscheduled shutdowns to 2 scheduled shutdowns in a month.
- Life of conveyor belt doubled from 6 months to 1 year.
The above results contributed to customer savings of 0.8mn INR in a year.